The 1 oz. Platinum American Eagle is a popular Platinum coin commissioned in 1996 by the U.S. Congress. This coin is part of the popular American Platinum Eagle series that also includes 1/10 oz, ¼ oz, and ½ oz. The legal tender value of this platinum bullion coin is $100.
The American Gold Eagle is very popular in the United States and minting the Platinum series was the result of deliberate consideration for the need to complement the existing Gold series coins in global markets.
The face value or tender value of the 1 oz. Platinum American Eagle has been capped at $100, which is the highest among U.S. coins. This is a popular investment option for bullion investors. Gold Goliath offers the Platinum American Eagle coin to investors at tremendous savings. Prices for these coins as with all other coins fluctuates depending on market conditions. Since it is offered by the United States Mint, the coin carries the guarantee of purity and quality.
The 1 oz. Platinum American Eagle saw its maiden release by the US Mint in 1997 and production was carried out through 2008. During this period, the total mintage of 1 oz. Platinum American Eagle bullion coins was 337,612. During this same phase, the US Mint also manufactured a set of special collector or proof coins which have a unique feature associated with them. Each of these coins has a distinct reverse side that was changed year after year.
The primary advantages of owning the 1 oz. Platinum American Eagle have been summarized below:
• The weight and purity is guaranteed as the 1 oz. Platinum American Eagle is minted by the U.S. Mint making it recognized and accepted as a world standard.
• Mark-up for these coins over spot price is competitive assuring great value to investors.
• Easily traded commodity which can be purchased or sold online.
• We offer current market prices to assure you are receiving a competitive price.
• The coins come in a hard plastic tube with a holding capacity of 20 coins, ensuring safe and easy storage.
Call us at 1-800-577-3195 ext. #1 Monday thru Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm CST. with any questions you have concerning this product.