In the year 1988, the Australian government decided to launch the platinum series bullion coins. The 1 oz. Platinum Australian Koala is part of the series that also includes 1/20th oz, 1/10 oz, ¼ oz, 1 oz, 2 oz, 10 oz and kilo size. Platinum Bullion is sought after worldwide and can be purchased for a small premium over its weight value.
This Australian Perth Mint produced this coin in the above mentioned year and is regularly traded in global markets today.
Admired by investors and collectors the world over, the obverse of the 1 oz. Platinum Australian Koala coin has a depiction of Elizabeth II, Queen of Australia, and the back surface displays the Australian Koala bear. Also featuring the weight and purity as “1 oz 9995 PLATINUM” along with the year the coin was minted.
The coin attracts investors as industrial demand for platinum grows ensuring this as a safe investment option. The 1 oz. Platinum Australian Koala comes from the Perth Mint in a hard plastic package that protects it from possible scratches or damage that may occur in shipping. The package also makes for excellent storage.
Some of the main features of 1 oz. Platinum Australian Koala are as highlighted below:
• The coin is minted by the Australian Perth Mint and it carries the guarantee of weight and purity.
• Prices fluctuate depending on global market conditions.
• The 1 oz. Platinum Australian Koala is eligible for IRAs (Individual Retirement Accounts).
• Since the sovereign mint in Perth has produced the coin in bulk quantity, it carries a low premium over its spot value.
• While buying or selling 1 oz. Platinum Australian Koala, there are no reporting requirements (Federal Form 1099B), necessary.
Investors may contact our sales team with any questions concerning this fine product at 1-800-577-3195 ext. #1 Monday thru Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm CST.